June 26, 2010

Succulents

So we have this random pot of succulents out in our backyard. I've read that succulents are super easy to take care of and that you can basically put them in some dirt and they will grow roots. So I thought, hey, why not give it a try?


I found this basic glass bowl at a garage sale for only 10 cents and thought it would be perfect.
I put some rocks in the bottom for drainage and then some dirt from the yard...
Then I pulled up a couple of the succulents from the yard and put them in the prepared bowl
So CUTE!
I also found some vintage glass bottles for super cheap and decided they would work well to add to my "indoor succulent garden."


I put them all on my window sill and, voila! Instant succulent cuteness all day long. Now I just have to see if they stay alive. Here's hoping.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Succulents are the only plants I don't kill. So I'm betting yours will be fine. I remember to water mine every 1-2 weeks and they like it!

    ReplyDelete