June 28, 2010

Music Monday: Nick Drake

It's official... Summer is here! Summer is a magical time of year. There is such beauty in simple things. Like dangling my arm out the car window while the warm night air tickles my fingertips or forgetting that it's 9:45pm because it's still light outside. I can't get enough. And watermelon. The heat is worth it...just for the watermelon. 

Several years ago I saw this commercial...


I loved it! Not only did it convey my idea of summer perfectly, but I also fell in love with the song. I found out later that it was a song called Pink Moon by Nick Drake. I also found that I really liked his other music as well. It's the perfect soundtrack to summer! There's nothing better than laying on the ground in an empty mountain top parking lot star gazing while Nick Drake fills the night air with delicious melodies.

While Pink Moon is an awesome song and one of my all time favorites,  From the Morning is perfect for summer {just check out the lyrics} and, of course, another great tune from Drake.  I don't think he ever made any videos {they didn't do that in the seventies, did they?} So I made a slide show with some of my photographs that capture the feelings of summer. I hope you enjoy...

Artist: Nick Drake
Album: Pink Moon
Song: From the Morning
Photos by Marianne Bay Photography


So...What did you think?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love Pink Moon. It reminds me of looking at the stars in Plumas. And it was nice to hear now after the sad new about Everett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it cheered you up a little. :)

    ReplyDelete