June 22, 2010

Thrifty Treasures

Since I've moved to Indiana I have started going to a lot of antique stores. Most of them are super cheap. {I'm used to ll the California prices.} Just recently I started going to garage, barn, estate sales, and thrift stores. The stuff there is even cheaper! I have found tons of cool stuff for hardly any money. I have even been inspired to try and start up my own little company where I find battered vintage furniture and things, redo them, and resell them. I m very excited to see what I can accomplish.

Here are some of my treasures I have found so far...these are all for me to keep cause I love them so much.



Ashtray: $0.50 {yard sale}

Vintage Hats: $6.50/$7.00 & Hat Stand: $5.00 {Markle Antique Mall in Markle, IN}


Assorted Glass Bottles $0.50 to $1.00 {barn sale}


Glass Pitcher: $0.50 & Silver Compote: $1.00 {garage sale}



6 Yards of Fabric: $6.00 {garage sale} & White Glass Vase $0.25 {barn sale}


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marianne! I just found your blog due to your new succulent plantings...but have been reading your posts and it is so fun to read and see all of your artisitc photography! You are very talented with your photos! I checked out your flickr photos too! I also like to thrift and do some artwork, but I don't consider myself an artist at all! LOL...funny you had the one post about theat as well! Do you have any cactus around your place? I join a group of others that do any kind of artwork related to Cactus, on Mondays. Come over to my blog and have a look...although I have a lame cactus thing I made for tomorrow...so don't laugh!!! You can join us...there is a link in my sidebar to go to Teri (the host of Cactus Monday) if you would like to participate! I will put your blog in my bloglist so I can keep up with you! Take care...Julie

    ReplyDelete