June 28, 2010

Before & After {Grandma's Desk}

Yay! My first before and after. A while ago I posted a teaser called Weekend Warrior that showed the beginning of this makeover. While I finished it that weekend, I have been lazy and am just getting around to showing you the final results. After a little delay...here's the final product.









It's amazing what a girl can do with some paint from Lowes, mod podge, wrapping paper from Border's, and a stencil from Hobby Lobby

The paint was supposed to be waaaay more coral-ish {a lot more pink!} Oh well, I still like it. I don't think I'll be getting Valspar paint again tho. I wasn't really happy with the coverage... I think I ended up doing 4 coats of paint! I like Behr much better and will be sticking with that. 

I think it turned out well and it's definitely a great jumping off point for my future before & afters. What do you think? I'd love to see your own before & after's if you have any. :) 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the stencil on top. We need to do something to our new coffee table. We snagged it off the side of the road. I was already thinking maybe a stencil on the top, was that pretty easy to work with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty easy. I used spray paint tho, so I had to mask everything off. If you just use regular paint with a stencil brush it would probably take less time. I also sprayed it over lace so it wouldn't just be a solid color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! I always wish I had the imagination necessary to do this type of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out madly gorgeous!!! Great job...love the stenciling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete