August 13, 2010

Music Monday: Company of Thieves and The National

I've totally slacked off on Music Monday's for the past couple weeks. I didn't even make it close to posting this on Monday either. It's Friday. Bad me.

This week I have chosen two bands to feature. Simply because I couldn't choose which one I heart more. I heard both of these bands last week on the XM Radio Station Alt Nation




The first band is Company of Thieves. I heard the first song, Oscar Wilde, {on XM} and thought Genevieve Schatz's {vocals} voice was like purple velvet...

Artist: Company of Thieves
Album: Ordinary Riches 
Song: Oscar Wilde


...While I was looking up that video on YouTube I came across their video for the acoustic version of the song Even in the Dark, {from the same album} and I was hooked. She just sounds so amazing and fills the song with such emotion. I went straight to Amazon to buy the entire album. It may be a little premature, but I think this might be my new favorite band. 

Artist: Company of Thieves
Album: Ordinary Riches
Song: Even in the Dark



The next band I picked is The National. Like Company of Thieves I totally fell in love with singer, Matt Berninger's voice. If Johnny Cash and Jeff Daniels had a love child, Berninger would be him.  I  really like the melancholy feeling evoked by this song. Plus it's kind of cool that the first time I heard it I  was actually in Ohio, {on the Hwy 127 Corridor Sale}.



Artist: The National
Album: High Violet
Song: Bloodbuzz Ohio


{Click on album and/or song links to purchase on amazon. I like amazon better than iTunes. Mostly because the songs are always .99 whereas on iTunes, a lot of the popular songs are $1.29.}

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment