May 24, 2010

Music Monday: The Bird and the Bee




I am absolutely in love with music! Music can make me happy, make me cry, and even make me jump around the house pretending that I am Karen O. And I always sing along. ALWAYS. I'd like to believe that I am Karen O's long lost cousin or Freddie Mercury's unclaimed illegitimate daughter...

The songs I love the most are those with lyrics I can relate to at certain points in my life. For example: New Order's Age of Consent put all the feelings I was having about my relationship with my Mom into words. And Kate Nash's Foundations was the definition of a relationship I had with a certain boy a few years ago.


Then there are the songs that just make me feel awesome and want to rock out. Black Tongue by Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Modest Mouse's Float On do the trick.


So...I'm starting 'Music Monday'. I will be posting videos of a certain songs that relate to my life that day/week. Hope you will enjoy the music and the videos, I know i will. Rock on.







The Chorus is exactly how I am feeling about a certain boy lately.

2 comments: