May 14, 2009

Dinner on a Budget*



* No money for the grocery store, so I have to be creative.

Money is always tight for me and there are times (when rent is due) that I basically run out of food and money at the same time. That time has come.
All I have in the cupboard is Mac & Cheese, but with no milk, that's a no-go.
Girl: meet improvisational cooking.
What can I make with a sack of sprouting potatoes? Amazing twice baked potatoes, that's what! Luckily I found some spicy Italian sausage hiding in the fridge. Mix that with roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, leftover Rice-a-Roni, butter, and a little Salt and Pepper and I had the most delicious baked potatoes ever.

I think the best meals I eat are the ones when I have 'no food' and have to be creative. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment