July 5, 2010

Music Monday: The Big Pink


I totally forgot it was Monday! Oops.  And when it came to picking a song for today's M.M I was stumped. Until I remembered...

On Friday I was up into the wee hours of the morning painting my newly built bathroom {before & after coming soon} with iTunes on shuffle. I have tons and tons of music on there. So much that I haven't even listened to all of it. I have a bad habit of finding a band i like, downloading their album{s} and then just listening to the songs I already know. Or completely ignoring the whole album cause I'm listening to a different one over and over. 

I was painting away and a song I didn't recognize caught my attention.  As soon as I heard that it was sort of a duet I was hooked. I love songs with both male and female voices. "What band is this?" It was The Big Pink's  A Brief History of Love. While I was familiar with other songs from this band {Dominos and Velvet listen here} This song  is a little more slow and almost depressing than the others, but I like it. I do tend to like  songs with that vibe anyway... That in addition to the 'duet' has me hooked. I really, really, like it.

Artist: The Big Pink
Album: A Brief History of Love
Song: A Brief History of Love



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment